We’re delighted that you are thinking of sending us your manuscript, synopsis or query letter. Please read through the information below to help the process work smoothly.
What should I do first?
Please contact us in the first instance, telling us about the project you’ve written – intended age group, word count and any previous writing experience.
We’ll reply to you, confirming our pricing and turnaround time, then you can email your manuscript to us, following the formatting guidelines below. At this point, we’ll also accept payment.
What format do I send my manuscript in?
It might sound nit-picky, but we do ask that your manuscript comes to us in a certain format. It needs to be:
- 12pt font size
- Times New Roman
- double spaced.
Do’s and don’ts
- Please do add page numbers.
- Make sure you keep a copy as we are unable to return manuscripts.
- It’s also important that you include a title page – that is, a clean sheet at the front with just your name, the project name, its word count, and your address and contact details.
Our turnaround time is generally within four weeks, but we will advise you if this is likely to be longer.
The small print
- We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of a manuscript; if this occurs, we will refund your payment in full.
- Fees are non-refundable as soon as we have received your manuscript.